News Details

Monza reveals plans to secure new F1 deal

Monza is optimistic that it will secure the future of the Italian Grand Prix until at least 2020 after unveiling a recovery plan to boost activity at the legendary track. The circuit, which has hosted the Italian GP every year since 1950 – with the exception of 1980 when the race was held at Imola – has a contract with Formula 1 until 2016. Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone said last year that the event could be dropped after the current deal expired as the conditions were not good enough. Former F1 driver Ivan Capelli, the president of the Milan Automobile Club, is leading the push to secure a new contract for the track. During the presentation on Tuesday of initiatives to boost the...
Full Story »
10y ago from Motorsport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Sepang wants a 'win-win' new F1 deal

As the F1 circus touches down in Malaysia for the seventeenth time, there...
10y ago from Motorsport.com

Ecclestone casts doubt on Germany's return to F1

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has cast doubt on Germany's return...
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Berger says Ecclestone is wrong to criticise Vettel

Gerhard Berger has hit back at F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, following...
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Hockenheim boss warns Ecclestone of contract...

Hockenheim has hit back at Bernie Ecclestone's suggestion that the German...
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Victoria Government rejects MotoGP requests to move...

The Victoria State Government has rejected a request from MotoGP to move...
21h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Dorna Sports unveils rebrand as part of MotoGP...

Dorna Sports has announced it will be officially known as MotoGP Sports...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

David Malukas heads the timesheets in opening IndyCar...

The NTT IndyCar Series held the first of two open test days at Phoenix...
11h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

George Barber, founder of iconic IndyCar venue, passes...

Barber Motorsports Park has announced that founder of the iconic track...
16h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Every Premier League free agent this summer, featuring...

We've got a list of every free agent who'll be on the market this summer...
28m ago from CaughtOffside.com

'We want to try and be brave' - Wolves boss sends...

Wolverhampton Wanderers head coach Rob Edwards acknowledged the quality in...
3h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal concerned about future of 23-year-old due to...

Arsenal could face a significant defensive decision this summer as...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.